Friday, June 20, 2008

An Everyday Thing

During a morning prayer, it surfaced that repentance is an everyday thing. I knew this - cannot remember when I did not know this. If you ask me, "Is repentance an everyday thing?" I would, without a doubt, answer, "Of course!" And yet somehow, during a morning prayer, it was remembered and I felt ashamed.

I have a friend, Kimberly Robin. I don't even know if I've ever told her this, but one of the things I admire most about her, is her awareness of her sin and her attitude of repentance. I know this sounds strange, but it really is something very honorable and pure and something so admirable. It demonstrates humility. It reveals an awareness of God's heart and our capability to hurt Him. I have learned much from Kimberly, but this is the thing that stands out most. She is in a constant state or attitude of humility and repentance to her God. I imagine this brings Him such joy.

And this morning, I remembered how important this is. Kimberly understands grace, mercy, and forgiveness in a way that I feel... I have missed because of my laziness and selfishness. What sort of friend is unaware of their loves' feelings and pain?

So, I've written a reminder on my hand and am trying.

0 comments: