Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I am to be featured.

I've just been informed by Lynn Hendricks, Director of the Fine Arts Academy, that I have until October to get my act together to be featured as an artist for the Art in the Village event in Glendora. Talk about a surprise.


So, now I'm distracted thinking about all the things I'll need to do to be ready for my first ... I don't even know what to call it - showing. It's not a show exactly, but kind of is. My work will be displayed by a Village merchant or restaurant and I'll have a table with information on my work. At least, I think that's how it all works.


This means I really need to get on top of things. I've been too busy to design my new business cards, but my supply of old ones are dwindling. And then there's my official website that exists at http://www.kimberlytaylor.net/, but I haven't uploaded any pages yet. Stephen's supposed to help me! Then, I'll need to begin choosing which pieces to feature and what I want to emphasize. Either the fine art or commercial portrait. I really don't know. Goodness. So many thoughts are flying around in my head now. Ideas, ideas, ideas. This will be a great opportunity for me regardless of whether I obtain more bookings or not.

I must say, I did not see this coming. I feel so honored to be informed that I am participating in the bi-annual Art in the Village event. I hadn't even asked.

I really don't have time to be writing this, but I just had to express my excitement and surprise somewhere.

0 comments: