Monday, April 28, 2008

Request for Prayer

Please pray for the fire in Sierra Madre, my hometown. People have been evacuated from their homes two streets north and a bit west of my parent's home. The fire is 30% contained. 550 homes and 1,000 people have been evacuated. 400 acres have burned. My parents are waiting, watching, and praying. We are so thankful for the hardworking firefighters.

Here, you can see the fire blazing behind my beloved Kersting Court, (home to Beantown, Lucky Baldwin's Pub, the Village Pizzeria, and Salon Zelo, all places I frequent and have loved immensely since childhood).

It is estimated 2-3 days before people can return to their homes, so far as the weather stays the way it is. An estimated 4-7 days before the fire is completely contained. Please pray for continued good weather, safety for the firefighters, and protection of beautiful Sierra Madre.

2 comments:

Kimberly Robin said...

Your family and town are in my prayers.

thejuniorpartner said...

praying for you too...