Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Place to Visit

I was craving a glass of cold milk this morning. So I had one (and an iced oatmeal cookie). 'Twas lovely.


Sierra Madre is the most wonderful town. Nestled right up against the mountains, it is full of blossoms and greenery, beautiful buildings, and places of interest. It is unlike any town to which I've been. The center of town resides in Kersting Court, a quaint, picturesque place with family-run restaurants and shops such as Lucky Baldwin's British Pub, Beantown Coffee Bar, The Only Place in Town restaurant, Cafe 322 Italian Kitchen and Bar, and the Village Pizzeria just to name a few. The Sierra Madre Playhouse provides the town with theatrical entertainment and there is always Arnold's Hardware, Happy's Wine Spirits & Market, and Taylor's Meats for any necessities you might have. Salon ZELO is where the talented hairdresser, Raymond Morales, does his artistry alongside other professionals. Though small, the city has a Rose Float Association working on Sierra Madre's float for the Rose Parade each year. I could go on forever about this lovely little town. But, I really want to share with you about one particularly special place...

Sierra Madre Bailey Canyon Park. It is located at 451 W. Carter Ave. and is open from "Sunrise to Sunset." There are winding hiking trails, lovely secluded alcoves for romantic picnics, and fire rings for evening campfires. Jason and I have spent time there, picnicking and walking and taking photographs of the surrounding beauty. This is the sort of place I'd imagine Stephen would love. For hiking trail maps and helpful information, click here or here. Please visit. I guarantee that you won't regret your time there.

Sierra Madre is my favorite city and while you might say it is only because I spent my childhood there, I would have to disagree. Sierra Madre earns its favor.

4 comments:

Kimberly Robin said...

Make me miss So Cal more why don't you! I really wish I could go visit it right now. How did I never know about it the whole time I was living down there... and you were my roomate? Silly me. Well once Thomas and I move down there again we'll have to go visit it. ;)

Kimberly Robin said...

Not sure exactly when. It all depends on a plan that Thomas has. Hopefully sooner than later. :)

Jason Pestell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Pestell said...

Toi et moi, quand nous avons visité ce parc, je me suis très amusé et j'ai aimé bien ta présence. Je voudrais y aller avec toi au futur proche. Je t'aime ma petite amie qui est de Sierra Madre. Une fois nous irons à Beantown ensemble et mangerons de la quiche avec joie.