Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Coming Down with Everything

It was difficult to pull myself from my covers and climb down my since-childhood bunkbed this morning. Incredibly difficult. And I felt so put off with myself for playing a few rounds of solitaire on my cell phone before falling asleep last night.


A cold-fever-flu plague is taking over the greater Los Angeles area and we're struggling to keep our cast this week before our show opens. Airborne and EmergenC are failing us and even the Director keeps coughing. Our male lead is saying his lines from the back of the room so as not to infect the rest of the cast with his flu, our female lead is trying to save her voice after recently recovering from illness, one of my dancers has been out for a week (at least) due to a 104 degree fever, and at least half the cast are suffering from various ailments. Ironic, isn't it, how we're producing a show called Zombie Prom and all our students seeming to be "dying" off (haha)? But in all seriousness, despite these nasty circumstances, our students have been doing quite well and I'm proud of them for persevering through all this. The show is coming along and I anticipate a wonderful show come opening night (Friday). Info on facebook.

It's time to go because I am in desperate need groceries.

2 comments:

bunnymoto said...

Hi Kimberly!

Thanks for pointing us to your blog. We added a link to it on our blog. Very cool and cuuute clock (:

Your show sounds like a lot of fun! We liked the video very much! So sorry you're crew is combating icky viruses.

Bill, Evan, Rhiannon and I hope you have an awesome show!

stephen said...

Yup. Had it. It sucks.