Tuesday, March 27, 2012







Well friends, the Save-the-Dates are out!  I say it is a milestone, of sorts, in this wedding process experience.  I was pleased with how my designs turned out.  Everything is handwritten or painted except for the scan of our photo booth engagement.  I wanted it to be as handmade as possible!  Quite light in style and plentiful with open space made it no less time consuming by the end, but, I am pleased (and relieved that they are sent!).

Two versions for two celebrations for two separate guest lists:



 &




Someday, I would love to design Save-the-Dates or wedding invitations as part of the paperworks art business I am dreaming up.  That's for later, but for now- I am enjoying designing my own!

Now, onto the wedding invitation!  I have the basic frame drawn, implementing more fleur designs and now I am experimenting with watercolor patterns to give it some light.  After that, there is text to write and a map to paint. 

Slowly, but surely...


© kimberly k taylor, all rights reserved

0 comments: