Thursday, March 3, 2011

redly, madly, deeply

colors present themselves.  in phases, in seasons and narrations, in memories and expressions and sensations.  march seems red to me.

on this third day of march, i am thinking that it would be nice to fit strawberries atop vanilla frozen yogurt and polka dotted patterns into my day.  i would go so far as to say, replace my day with such things.  i would rather be back on that day in august when my friend came to visit and we spent the afternoon away eating pasta, stilling the world with photographs, cooling the summer with frozen sweets, and finding a touch of simplicity and refreshment.  simplicity like abandoned capital letters. (one must take the simple where it rests)

it is an adequate wish.  only a wish, as there will be no reproducing of wonders. but we can find new ones.



"one must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste."                            
~ johann wolfgang von goethe

{taken by b. a. s. on a lightly day in august}

2 comments:

Victorya said...

Strawberries are such a wonderful thing... this picture reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would make me strawberries with bananas. Happy times!

Jason Pestell said...

I enjoy the red with specks on white set before the white on red with dots - quite cute and clever; and those strawberries do look delicious :)