Monday, January 31, 2011

books for january


This month, I read some books...

1. The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma by Trenton Stewart
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
4. The Tiger's Rising by Kate DiCamillo
5. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

{Ex Libris}

...and I enjoyed them all.

January held a theme of children's novels (Stewart, Birdsall, and DiCamillo) and it made bedtime feel like Bedtime beneath patchwork quilts and warm, yellow lamps.  The Tiger's Rising  made a distinct impression.  In fact, it rather puzzled me a bit and I could use a second reading merely for the sake of not going through it quite so fast and seeing a bit more.

Books have always held imagination and enjoyment and have always been thought-provoking,  dream-spurring, and altogether lovely.  Lately, such things are more necessary and I am glad to have leaf-s and binding and printed words and bookmarks to hold my place.

{polaroid:  peace in old and moss}
© kimberly k taylor, all rights reserved

0 comments: