Friday, August 20, 2010

a-summering

I nearly forgot that it is summertime.  It isn't as obvious a season this year (especially with the prolonged lovely crisp weather- so sad that's gone).  It used to be much more clear.  When I was in school, summer meant vacation and no work.  This year, I am at a new job, so vacation time has not yet been accrued. :(  In memory of summer, here are some polaroids I took a year or two ago and a List for Next Year:




 {polaroid: from a-summering series}
© Kimberly K. Taylor

(1)
Take a trip up to San Francisco to visit the 4th Annual Renegade Craft Fair with BB and Bryan and Megan and Katelyn.

(2)
Attend a Fourth of July picnic and actually make a picnic!

(3)
Work on my own "Field Journal". You will see what that is soon enough, if I can get my act together.

(4)
Spend an entire day taking photographs of beloveds.

(5)
Read 10 novels over the span of June/July/August.

(6)
See Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II in theatres, July 2011.

(7)
Make the ultimate mixed CD and promise to sing aloud in the car every time I travel.

(8)
Wear more dresses because they feel pretty and free and a different kind of alive.

(9)
Take up reading aloud to each other again.  We never did finish one of our favorites, The Little Prince.  I narrate in English and he echos from his  French edition, as written by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, a French aviator and delightful story-teller.

(10)
Scrapbook my summer with tids and bits and lots of photographs and quotations of lasting things that people said and did and loved.

2 comments:

Jason Pestell said...

I really like the "summertime" coloration; I look forward to reading the rest when I have more time.

Jason Pestell said...

I look forward to speaking “les echos français” after listening to de Saint-Exupéry's words translated into our native tongue as read by a lovely Hapa demoiselle--it has been such a long time ... :)