Monday, October 20, 2008

an evening walk will do

I come home from a 10- or 12-hour day and need, above all else, to be alone.


And I can spend all the time I like in my room reading, writing, drawing, or watching Friends re-runs, but these past three days, those pasttimes have been set aside for something I've found more relaxing.

Stepping out - away from buildings filled with rooms - congested with things - makes everything slow down. I walk, whether dusk or dark, and I hear things, notice shapes, sense motion, and feel alive.
I wonder how long it will last before it loses it's beginning.

1 comments:

Jason Pestell said...

I love to walk and find interesting lightposts and wandering neko throughout the neighborhood. I look forward to when we can walk silently (or at least peacefully) together at the beginning or end of a day.