Monday, May 12, 2008

Pretty Much Perfect

Monday morning brings a wish to remain in bed until the sun is too bright to possibly sleep. Today seems to require accompaniment by A Fine Frenzy (introduced to me by Bryan). "You Picked Me" is particularly matching with this overcast, drizzling day (in which I have no umbrella).

I don't know if blogs are appropriate places to discuss diets. Yeah, maybe not.

Do you know what I find perfectly lovely? Well, let me ask you this: Do you have a place (such as a restaurant or coffee shop) where they know your name and you tell them random little daily tidbits that most people never hear? My place is Classic Coffee (and more specifically Jonathan, Casey, and Meg). They know me there and I don't know why, but it's quite perfectly delightful when you walk in the door and someone says, "Hey Kimberly!" And it's even more perfect you walk up and they ask, "Will it be your regular, today?" It's community, my friends, and it's something pure and simple and good. It makes me never want to leave Glendora.

And on, on, on to the rest of my day. Cherrio, dear ones...

Countdown: 9 Days Until I See My Love

2 comments:

Kimberly Robin said...

You and I have a similar taste in music. I love both Igrid Michaelson, and a Fine Frenzy. Lack of money has not allowed me to buy their albums yet, but they are on my list. :)

Unknown said...

Familiarity is such a wonderful thing...I go to Coffee Jar and there's always someone there I know. Always someone from my little [and yet sometimes larger than life] world that I can say hello to and talk to and feel comfortable with. The joy of understanding and being understood.

It's been a long, long while since we've talked. I miss hanging out with you so much. It was you at the coffee shop [more likely Carls Jr.] a couple of years ago when we lived in the States. I loved knowing that you’d always be around. And I miss that.

I would love to catch up sometime. I love the fact that you have a blog. I love you. And though my thoughts aren't quite coherent this afternoon, I thought I'd drop by and leave a little note. Someone, somewhere far away, is thinking of you. Reminiscing. Smiling. You’ve left great memories in her heart. And there's comfort in that.
~ Jess