Friday, April 13, 2012



photograph by Davide Dutto
I would like to stop right in the middle of things and walk out the door with my bag and my smile and an umbrella. I would like to whisk-away like they do in favorite books and films... away to wherever is not here, wherever is new and bright, whever is without agendas and to do lists.  I would like to walk until eventide and remember the loveliness of a motion of my own doing.  I would like to study the patterns raindrops make on the pavement, on my windshield, on my boots.  I would like to eat a bowl filled with curly-cued pasta and become a part of the couch for a few days.  I would like to fall asleep and dream about dreams that I want to pursue instead of responsibilities that want to pursue me.  I would like to fill the lines in my journal- the journal that sits on my bedside table wondering how I will ever recover stories of all the happenings in the last several months.  But mostly, I would like to marry Jason and begin to build a home around good things and true spirit and hope.

1 comments:

Jason Pestell said...

I really like this photo; it makes me imagine so many different scenarios :D