Monday, January 23, 2012

standing here, standing


I have been remiss.  I had so many lovely things to post here.  Beloved photographs from the holidays, news of wedding plans, retellings of Art Socials.  Now January is coming to a close and I have not stopped, even for a mere moment, to write.  And it feels sad.  So, I suppose I will just have to post belateds because they deserve to be posted, even if they are tardy.


I am standing here, standing
Above cracking streams
Awaiting the breaking of ice-capping sleeves
Wondering whether the risk is a risk
Aligning myself to the surest of seams

Yesterday, was my beloved friend, Kiichiro's, birthday... He would have been thirty-seven years old.  The reminder popped up on my Facebook notifications and there was his picture with his two beautiful little boys, Shuntaro and Eitaro.  And everything welled up and felt uneven.  So beautiful a life touched so many and we will never be the same as we were before.  We will always be better.  Better than before we knew him.


{canon 30d:  whether the risk is a risk}
© kimberly k taylor, all rights reserved

0 comments: