Monday, August 29, 2011

there is yet meaning


I have been thoroughly impressed by Lois Lowry's, The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger.  They are not a series, but rather- companions.

I do not even want to say anything about them because that is the way in which a friend pressed me to read The Giver.  And it was so beautiful and impactful, I would say, because I had no idea what I was picking up, allowing for simply discovering everything on my own. 


   

Please read them.  And I hope to impress upon you not to read the previews or book jackets first.  They are short and simply read, but truly wonderful.


2 comments:

polkadotpeony said...

The Giver is one of my most favorite books ever. I have also read the other two and enjoyed them as well. Beautiful stuff. :) Have you read The Hunger Games? Also a dystopian society book series that can be very dark but is very powerful.

Kimberly said...

Yay! You and I really do have such similar loves in literature. I love that we do. ^.^ I received the first book of "The Hunger Games" for Christmas, but haven't actually read it yet. I hear they are really amazing. I also have some other Lois Lowry books waiting for me: "Gossamer" and "The Silent Boy". Have you read either of those?