Monday, May 16, 2011

dear

now,
for the first time ever,
i received news, the hard kind
and it makes me cry everyday.
and wonder at his trusting peace even in death.
my heart keeps shuddering, sputtering,
trying to find the same.
and remembering everything,
i cry again.


he showed us his favorite place on the Inland Sea
and taught me to skip rocks,
making me laugh so hard,
and there was Only Time in the car


we can't know what time remains,
and it makes me try and try to find
something that will prevent it.

{minolta : day off  -  aioi, nihon - summer 2001}
photograph taken by Carrie Johnson

1 comments:

Victorya said...

:(

"He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces" Isaiah 25:8

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9-10

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" Psalm 34:18