Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ode to Jason

Joyeux Anniversaire, Love.


Because of you,
My life is more full.
I had my first kiss.
I see joy and patience everyday.
I feel truly and unconditionally loved.
I have hope for male/female equality.
I am steadfastly challenged and inspired.
I started to truly believe in my own intelligence.
I wrote love letters that traveled over 380 miles.
I have a new respect for cold beaches of the north.
I learned to waltz on a rooftop under a blanket of stars.
I will never be able to watch Erkel without laughing at you.
I laughed so hard in a university library and fell in love with you more.
I am learning grace, gentleness, and a more vivid beauty of serving others.

I am so utterly thankful that you were born, Jason.
You are Warmth and Light and Love to me and your embrace never ends.

Je t'aime, mon Quelqu'un.


{canon 30d:  a portrait: jason pestell}
© kimberly k taylor, all rights reserved

1 comments:

Jason Pestell said...

Merci beaucoup, m'amour! I am very thankful for these beautiful words/thoughts/memories and very grateful for you, Kimi.