Friday, January 28, 2011

Ode to Brittany

Today marks the twenty-third year of my beloved baby sister's life.

How ironic, that on her birthday twenty-three years ago,
it was I who received the most precious gift of a lifetime.


She is life. She is love. She is courage. She is strength.


When you came to us, dear sister,
you brought into this world a truest beauty,
the purest I have seen.
And gave to me a future;
one I never deserved,
but found to be bright and lovely and real and lasting.

Forever, I will strive to live up to
the honor of being your sister.

Happy Birthday, my beloved Brittany.

You are Music and Joy.
And my love will find you, evermore.

Continue in your brilliance and the world will always have light.

{canon 30d: and beauty traveled north}
© kimberly k taylor, all rights reserved

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"she walks in beauty, like the night
of cloudless climes and starry skies;
and all that's best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes"

Jason Pestell said...

I agree with all said here (as much as I can only having known Brittany for scant more than 4 years). I love these two photos, both capturing different aspects of her beauty (great photography, Kimi!).