Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Becauses

Lately, I've been on the verge of a headache, work has been intense, morning comes too soon, and daily living has been too full.

This evening, I was reminded of the beauty and significance of "just because"s.  They are intentional and sweet and most often, completely unexpected, yet needed more than the giver may ever know.

This evening, a delightful girl visited me at work.  She dropped off a pasta dinner and a loaf of apple crunch bread... just because.  The sweetness of it seeped down through my skin into my veins and soaked in everywhere.  It all made the day worthwhile and alive and colorful and savory and safe and warm all at once.

I want to be like her.  For she is someone who loves people so much that "just because"s can't help but emit from her and leave a wake of light and joy and lovely things that make a way for more of the same.

 
{Polaroid:  You never know when you'll need it}

© kimberly k taylor 2009

1 comments:

polkadotpeony said...

I love this picture, and how sweet was that girl, I want to be like her too...