Monday, August 31, 2009

Unexpected day off

For the first time in the history of our dance and music studio, we had to close the doors on account of the poor air quality.

The fires have been ranging and the difference between yesterday and today is crazy. Within the first ten minutes of being at work, I could feel an asthma attack coming on. The air was all smoky and ashy. It's not safe for students or teachers to be dancing and exercising in such conditions. In other words, this has resulted in a day off. And the rest of this week remains undecided.

I'm a bit relieved. I've been so tired lately. Heightened insomnia- emotionally taxing stuff- and feeling like I'm house sitting, but it's where I actually live. I like it here, it just doesn't feel like home yet.

In transition...

0 comments: